BIM network groups in New Zealand
The purpose of BIM network groups throughout New Zealand is for sharing thoughts, knowledge and information about people, process, policy and technology for the built environment community. They are non-profit groups who meet quarterly and aim to provide a range of topics from managerial to technical through to business and aspirational - all for free.
The BIM network groups believe in providing an avenue for clients, practitioners, contractors, asset managers and interested parties to come together in an informal gathering to discuss, learn, and share from others in the industry. The networks are run by committees giving their time freely, and they welcome your feedback and suggestions for topics and speakers.
BIM AK – Auckland
BIM AK is the Auckland based BIM network group. We host events quarterly at a central Auckland location.
BIM AK committee members include:
• Christian McCartney – Hawkins (Chair)
• Olivia Pearson - GHD Woodhead*
• Simon Mobley - asBuilt
• Marcel van Oosterom - GHD Woodhead
• Matt Meredith - Auckland District Health Board
Bim.well – Wellington
BIM.well is the Wellington based BIM Network group. Our purpose is to demystify BIM with informative talks and case studies to encourage its effective use in design, construction, and operations in our region.
Talks are typically high level and targeted at managers and directors.
We host events quarterly at a central Wellington location.
Our motto is simple; do.BIM.well
BIM.well committee members include:
• Kevin Thickett - Aurecon (Chair)
• Melanie Tristram - Jasmax (Treasurer)
• Daniel Jurgens - WSP | Opus (Promotions Manager)
• Matt Ritani - RCP (Speaker Manager)
• Kimberley Russell - Warren and Mahoney (Venue Manager)
BIMsiNZ – South Island
BIMsiNZ (BIM South Island New Zealand) supports the South Island with a place to learn and share knowledge about BIM.
We generally host events on the 2nd Wednesday every two months at a central Christchurch location.
BIMsiNZ committee members include:
• Glenn Jowett - Beca (Chair)
• Tony Biland - Christchurch City Council
• Graham Allan - Structex
• Jeames Hanley - Warren and Mahoney
• Keeley Pomeroy - AECOM
• Slava Mozgonov - BIMCADEng